Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Good Housewife

We cleaned the house on January 1st. It was a joint effort with a little bit of help from everyone in the house. I've kept it clean since then. There are still things to be done though. I've been working slowly to clean it up more. My main concern was the dishes. SO many dishes! Today at lunch, as my husband was leaving to go back to work, he said those magical words, the ones I love, "Honey, thanks for being such a good housewife!" I know some may think that's not that big of a deal, but when you suck at being a housewife and manage to get some things done, it's nice to hear.

I do better with praise. With a "regular" job, you have a boss and a paycheck. You get pats on the back from the boss and a weekly paycheck (bi-weekly, monthly, you get it). If this were a "real" job, I'd have been fired by now. I rarely get my work done, never on time. There's always laundry or dishes to be done. But sometimes I go above & beyond my normal. Today I cleaned the kitchen (dishes 99% done, counters cleaned off, table cleaned off & floors crumb free), & I managed to have dinner done when the husband walked through the door!

Tomorrow...clean up the downstairs bathroom, dishes, steam vac & work on some orders & some fun knits!

Pictures - dinner cooking, clean kitchen & happy kids, dinner ready for oven!





No comments:

Post a Comment