Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Here we are, January 2nd....

It's the beginning of 2013, and here I am again.  Everyone is always making resolutions.  I dislike making them.  I know I won't stick with it.  I suck at that.  My "go to" resolution is to "be a better person."  I figure there's no way I can screw that one up.  Within a years time there has to be some way I've become a better person.  But behind the "better person" line,  is a long laundry list of "things" I intend to do better, so that in my own mind I can call myself a better person, a better parent, a better wife, so on and so forth.

Here's a small list of some of those things...

Yell less
Love more
Facebook less
Give attention more
Clutter less
Clean more


It all stems from one simple, yet to me not so simple thing, my house.  My house you see, is very cluttered.  It's clean, there's not bugs running around everywhere, no dirty diapers strewn about, no big dust bunnies.   But there's piles of "paper" everywhere, clean & dirty laundry thrown everywhere, toys, toys & more toys, books, yarn, etc.  There are things that actually need cleaning too, like the laundry & dishes.  But in my mind, if I can get this house under control, I'll be a better Mom, a better wife, a better person.

So here we are again, at the beginning of a new year & hopefully a new me.  My journey begins here, on this blog.  Hopefully I'll get a small handful of people to read this & hold me accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment